We are mid-way through an exciting 2 year digital ‘Workwise’ programme to compliment the wide range of services we offer our residents. One of the key features of our digital programme is an online portal, developed on Microsoft’s Azure platform, which allows residents to self-serve by accessing a range of online services anywhere, anytime.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the roadmap of technical products and acting as the subject matter expert in Cloud Computing Technologies (including Azure) and the software development process. You will work with cross functional teams in a collaborative way and play a key role in each phase of the software/product development lifecycle. Working as the Cloud specialist you will be developing products for the Company’s customers as well as configuring tools and technologies to enhance the value they derive.
- Interact with business users, product managers, developers and other IT staff in order to envision, model and provide initial models and designs that can be built.
- Review the code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity, advocating clarity and ensure best practice is followed.
- Act as design authority for end to end designs involving NPI (New Product Introduction) projects (i.e. new and extending products), and technologies.
- Steer technical solutions for assigned NPI (i.e. new and extending products) through the entire lifecycle of the project. Knowledge and thought leadership - Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies including outside of the Housing sector.
- Experience gained in a mid-large scale heterogeneous enterprise with customer facing web/mobile application development
- Being the link between Product and Development to ensure all technical considerations are addressed and not just ‘put back onto’ Project Management. taking into account needs of all project stakeholders: end users, project sponsors, QA, operations, UI/UX designers etc.
- Being a key contributor & independent reviewer at design reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of successful technical leadership, working as an architect on complex projects and programmes.
- Ability to design complex technical solutions in an inclusive and participatory manner, to negotiate with and influence other design parties including business users, technical staff, software developers and third party suppliers.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively, showing willingness to apply new approaches to solving problems and to learn new methods and technologies.
- The ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of IT technical design and security within an environment governed by standards and codes of compliance.
- Experience in integrating within a heterogeneous systems landscape. This should include experience in integrating to third party, cloud-based platforms for aspects such as authentication, payments etc.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and deploying scalable and resilient RESTful web services.
- Good in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure Stack (preferable) or AWS.
- Experience of solutions design and implementation of a range of network and infrastructure services.
- Leading the technical design, development and implementation of complex, integrated, enterprise cloud applications
- Significant experience of designing infrastructure and database solutions required for the operation and evolution of existing and new key business applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, with systematic and logical approach to solving complex problems, and high attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Effective IT skills including basic/intermediate/advanced MS Office skills
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 17 July 2022.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact Retinue Solutions via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 798 495 to discuss your requirements.
About the Company
Notting Hill Genesis is now one of the largest housing associations in London and the south east. We own and manage more than 66,000 homes and employ around 2,000 staff. We provide homes across a range of tenures and are committed to continuing to deliver housing that is affordable to all. Our roots reach back to the 1960s when our legacy organisations were established by local people who shared a similar vision – to house west London’s working poor, providing them a home from which to build themselves and their families a secure future.
We value our people and both respect and celebrate their differences. We’re proud to say that our colleagues come from different backgrounds, with varied outlooks and are from all over the world. We encourage and are committed to diversity. We know that when people with varied experiences and unique points of view come together, it makes us a stronger organisation and more able to help the wide range of residents that we serve. We want all our colleagues to bring their full selves to work in a culture and environment based on respect and fairness, regardless of role, background or ability.
We are proud signatories of the G15 group’s diversity pledge to encourage more diversity in the boardroom and at senior level. The pledge on Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) diversity commits NHG to reflect the ethnic diversity of the communities we work in at all levels and particularly at senior managerial, leadership and board levels.
We have under-representation of BAME colleagues at this level and are keen to fill this gap. We welcome applications from everyone. For this role, we especially encourage BAME candidates to join us and be part of an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, equality of opportunity and provides a place for you to grow your career.
We are also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident employer and have signed up to Harry’s Pledge. We actively monitor the diversity of our workforce and strive to show equal representation throughout all levels of the organisation.
To find out more about Diversity and inclusion at NHG, please visit our website.