As our Dispute and Consultation Manager you will join the newly formed Notting Hill Genesis operational service charge team and play a key role in delivering NHG’s customer strategy, particularly our commitments that we fix problems well and fast and that we really listen to residents and act in response. Reporting into a Head of Service Charge and teaming up with Service Charge Business Partners and Officers, you will support the business to handle disputes and challenges that may arise during the annual service charge cycle.
We support hybrid working arrangements that foster collaboration, combined with the power of in-person interactions. For this role, we’d expect you to be in the office at least three days a week to ensure we’re at our prime, crafting exceptional customer experiences and achieving outstanding business outcomes.
How You’ll Do It
You will provide specialist support and expertise to service charge and operational colleagues on service charge disputes both linked to leaseholders and tenants.
Specific duties will include:
- Developing and implementing a risk monitoring framework for disputes, mediation and First Tier Tribunals (FTT) cases, escalating cases in a timely fashion to senior colleagues where necessary.
- Ensure key milestones are met of formal service charge challenges that progress to FTT.
- Develop and implement a tool kit to ensure service charge disputes are effectively handled within the operational teams.
- Provide advice, expertise and support to operational colleagues who are undertaking mediation and FTTs, helping them to understand and deliver requirements and commission external solicitors where necessary to support case delivery.
- Work with the Service Charge Business Partners, operational colleagues and the Customer Experience team to apply the lessons learned from disputes, mediation and FTT to deliver improved service outcomes where possible. Your objective will be to recommend ways that formal service charge disputes can be tackled swiftly and effectively and before formal escalation takes place.
- Work closely with Procurement and operational colleagues to lead on the delivery of Qualifying Long-Term Agreement (QLTAs) consultations to residents and ensure they can be delivered effectively, in a cost effective and resident centric way.
- Develop section 20 consultation process, guidance and templates that safeguard the business and are resident focused. Develop a toolkit for operational colleagues to use for consultation.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a leasehold specialist that is motivated to get to the crux of service charge issues, using a blend of operational knowledge with legislation and up to date case law.
- Prior knowledge managing service charge disputes in a formal setting and delivering large scale section 20 consultations, particularly QLTAs.
- Experience of working compliantly with varying service charge regimes (fixed and variable), directly and through business partnering
- Evidence of excellent service improvement achievements in a complex service delivery environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written both to internal audiences and third party stakeholders (including tribunals, panel solicitors, contractors and residents).
- Comfortable working with numbers and spreadsheets, as well as engaging with other departments, residents, and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience of reading and understanding tenancy agreements, leases, deeds of transfer etc.
- MIRPM qualification. Pending confirmation of legislative changes, this role may require a qualification to demonstrate competence. If not already qualified, there may be an expectation to study towards a professional qualification.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to be part of the newly formed Notting Hill Genesis operational service charge team where you will have a chance to come in and make your mark. You’ll also have access to a wide range of learning opportunities to help you achieve, grow and maximise your potential.
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
About the Company
All About Us
Notting Hill Genesis is a not-for-profit organisation providing affordable homes for Londoners and it is now one of the largest housing associations in London. We are both a landlord and a developer, with more than 60,000 existing homes and 10,000 more in our pipeline and we employ around 1,500 staff.
For more information on what we do and what makes us different please visit: https://www.nhg.org.uk/careers
We welcome applications from everyone. We actively monitor the diversity of our workforce and strive to show equal representation throughout all levels of the organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident employer amongst other diversity commitments. To find out more about our approach to equality, diversity and inclusion please visit: https://www.nhg.org.uk/careers/diversity-is-our-strength
Step 1 – If you are interested, please send your application now. Closing date is 25 February 2024.
Step 2 – Successful candidates will be selected for an interview.
Step 3 – Successful candidates will be asked to present to the interview panel or submit a prescribed piece of work – you will be told in advance what you need to prepare for
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online or if you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our hiring team via email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Should a redeployee apply for this role; their application will be considered before any others.
If you have any questions that you would like to discuss, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org