The Rents Compliance Team is recruiting for a Rents Officer for a 6-month fixed term contract. Are you resilient, enjoy working on excel spreadsheets, able to do mail merges, perform data analysis and multitask? Then we would like you to join us to work within our Rents Compliance team of four (Rents Compliance Manager, 2 Rent Officers and Rents Assistant).
As a Rents Officer you will help us
- Maximise our rental income for NHG,
- Ensure compliance with our regulatory framework,
- Be clear and transparent with our residents, and
- Support our stakeholders.
In this role, your knowledge and skills will be valuable in:
- Ensuring Notting Hill Genesis (NHG) remains compliant with the regulator’s Economic Rent Standard through robust and rigorous application of regulatory and statutory rent setting and annual rent review process.
- Providing advice and guidance to frontline staff, including producing guidance documents and resources, to ensure compliance with rent setting and annual rent reviews and to mitigate associated risks.
- Continuously identifying process improvements and potential opportunities to maximise income, minimise risk, and deliver value for money, particularly by automation projects.
- Liaising with colleagues around the business on all rent related matters including delivering training and representing NHG at external meetings and discussions related to regulated rents.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have excellent Excel skills and good level of experience with MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail is key and ability to absorb and implement technical regulatory rules. Resilient, with experience of working at a fast pace, taking ownership of your work and deliverables and being able to multitask.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on Friday 15th July 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview which will be held between Monday 25 July & Thursday 28 July. Interviews will be held in person at our Kings Cross office.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
About the Company
Notting Hill Genesis is now one of the largest housing associations in London and the south east. We own and manage more than 66,000 homes and employ around 2,000 staff. We provide homes across a range of tenures and are committed to continuing to deliver housing that is affordable to all. Our roots reach back to the 1960s when our legacy organisations were established by local people who shared a similar vision – to house west London’s working poor, providing them a home from which to build themselves and their families a secure future.
We value our people and both respect and celebrate their differences. We’re proud to say that our colleagues come from different backgrounds, with varied outlooks and are from all over the world. We encourage and are committed to diversity. We know that when people with varied experiences and unique points of view come together, it makes us a stronger organisation and more able to help the wide range of residents that we serve. We want all our colleagues to bring their full selves to work in a culture and environment based on respect and fairness, regardless of role, background or ability.
We are proud signatories of the G15 group’s diversity pledge to encourage more diversity in the boardroom and at senior level. The pledge on Black, Asian and minority ethnic diversity commits NHG to reflect the ethnic diversity of the communities we work in at all levels and particularly at senior managerial, leadership and board levels.
We have under-representation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic colleagues at this level and are keen to fill this gap. We welcome applications from everyone. For this role, we especially encourage Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates to join us and be part of an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, equality of opportunity and provides a place for you to grow your career.
We are also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident employer and have signed up to Harry’s Pledge. We actively monitor the diversity of our workforce and strive to show equal representation throughout all levels of the organisation.
To find out more about Diversity and inclusion at NHG, please visit our website.